Explore The Abacos
Our island, Great Abaco, is the largest but one of many islands that make up The Abacos. Visiting one of Great Abaco’s out islands makes a fun day trip. The main four out islands can be reach by ferry, and there are many smaller islands that you can explore if you rent a boat in Marsh Harbour – or charter an Island Hopping Day Trip.
The map on the left, of Central Abaco, by H.G. Christie, LTD, a local real estate company includes the best known/most visited out islands of the Abacos. You see Green Turtle Cay at the top and Casuarina Point near the bottom.
There are SO many options of fun day trips that I am not sure how to organize this section. Here are some of the areas I plan to cover. Please continue to check back since it will take time for me to complete all of them.
Fun ‘Day Trips’
* Visit one of the Abacos’ Out Islands:
** Out Islands Accessible by Ferry:
***** Elbow Cay & Hope Town
***** Green Turtle Cay
***** Great Guana Cay
***** Man O War
** Island Hopping Charter on Bottom Time
** Rent a Boat to visit islands on your own
* Bone Fishing in the Marls – also a great nature trip!
* The Inland Blue Holes of Abaco
* Experience Nature:
***** The Abaco Parrot and Bird Watching
***** The Wild Horses of Abaco
* Natural History Exhibit at Friends of the Environment
* Visit Little Harbour & Cherokee Sound
* Paddleboarding & Kayaking lessons and tours
* Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Charters
* Golf & Tennis on Abaco